Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A Christmas Message

So today I had a little Christmas "miracle." My dad has this picture that's his favorite and he uses it every time he does a presentation. Here's the picture:





He says, "Look at Stephen in the back. Look at his face. He has his arms stretched around Frank and Nicole and it's like he's saying 'This is my brother and sister. I'm so proud of them and I'm watching over them.'"

So anyway, I was going through old CDs of saved pictures to find all our past Christmas pictures so I could make a slideshow, and I came across a picture that I never knew existed. It's the same picture as above except for one difference: my dad is in the picture.



It's almost like Stephen's acknowledging Dad and all he's been doing in Stephen's name. Dad and Linda have worked tirelessly trying to stop underage drinking and driving under the influence. They've spent every year since Stephen died, working with MADD. They even went to Washington D.C. for the MADD National Conference. I guess I never used this picture because it was so dark. I guess the flash never went off. But when I showed it to Dad, he and I both said we didn't remember taking one with him in it. He just kept saying, "I don't believe it." He really feels it's a little acknowledgement and Stephen's way of letting him know that he's proud of Dad and he's looking out for Dad too, not just Frank and me.

Merry Christmas!!!

No comments: