Sunday, September 8, 2013

God is Incredible

My family has come a long way in the last 6 years. We've had to learn a new way to live life without Stephen and find a new "normal." My son Trey is so much like Stephen it almost makes me believe in spirit possession. My son Jacob has a lot of Stephen's traits, also. When my dad came to visit, he was weepy a lot of the day just looking at Trey and thinking how bizarre it was that he was so much like Stephen. We stay busy. We have a tight schedule. But we do things together. Family is so important. We know all-too-well how quickly someone could be gone.

This is a picture from Mother's Day 2013. It's my mom, me and the kids.

Left-to-right: Trey, my mom Sheila, Jacob, Me and Makinsey

That first day when IT happened, my mom and I traveled to South Carolina and didn't think we'd make it a day without Stephen. But here we are, 6 years later, with smiles on our faces. God is incredible, is all I can say. God is good, ALL the time.

This song by Plumb really got me through, and it still makes me emotional when I hear it.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hi Nicole! It is so nice that you have created this blog to raise awareness of something so horrible. I'm so sorry to learn the loss of your brother. My name is Heather and I was hoping you could answer my question about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)