Thursday, September 9, 2010

When will I be healed?

Last Sunday, our sermon was about the woman who had suffered for 12 years and wanted just to touch Jesus' robes to be healed. Here is the passage:

Mark 5:24-34

25 -29A woman who had suffered a condition of hemorrhaging for twelve years—a long succession of physicians had treated her, and treated her badly, taking all her money and leaving her worse off than before—had heard about Jesus. She slipped in from behind and touched his robe. She was thinking to herself, "If I can put a finger on his robe, I can get well." The moment she did it, the flow of blood dried up. She could feel the change and knew her plague was over and done with.
30At the same moment, Jesus felt energy discharging from him. He turned around to the crowd and asked, "Who touched my robe?"
31His disciples said, "What are you talking about? With this crowd pushing and jostling you, you're asking, 'Who touched me?' Dozens have touched you!"
32 -33But he went on asking, looking around to see who had done it. The woman, knowing what had happened, knowing she was the one, stepped up in fear and trembling, knelt before him, and gave him the whole story.
34Jesus said to her, "Daughter, you took a risk of faith, and now you're healed and whole. Live well, live blessed! Be healed of your plague."


And it got me thinking...

This woman suffered for 12 years, had exhausted every other option (doctors, medicine, etc) and she thought, if I can just get to Jesus...even if I can only touch His robes...He can help me! She fought the crowd. She stumbled, squeezed, crawled, and climbed through the crowd and finally made her way to Him. She was determined to get to Him and be healed. She touched His robes and immediately her bleeding stopped and she was healed. Her suffering was over! Going to Jesus was all it took.

I started thinking, I wish suffering the loss of a loved one was as easy to be healed of. I have prayed and have been so determined, but it's not a physical ailment that can just be cured. It's an emotional devastation that isn't so easily healed. Jesus has healed me enough. I can physically feel my answered prayer. I am able to get through the day-to-day. He has made it easier to LIVE.

But I won't ever be completely healed. Not while I'm here on Earth. I won't be completely healed until I get to Heaven, meet God face-to-face, and see my brother again. But Jesus has answered my prayers and has made be able to live, day-to-day, free of complete, debilitating pain. And I am thankful for that. I just have to stay determined, thankful, and keep coming to Jesus for healing.

No comments: